Hello Everyone

welcome to my blog which I am hoping will keep you up to date with what is happening at Fosters Poultry but if you have any questions please e mail or phone we will be glad to be of assistance.

Monday 3 February 2014

February 2014

During this month we will be incubating any spare hatching eggs that are not sold on our web site www.fertilehatchingeggs.com
I update the list as often as possible and also test hatch for the fertility to check that the eggs sent will be viable.  I look at the shell quality of each egg before wrapping to post and also weigh the egg.  Any egg which is oversize is not posted.  I do not post any egg I would not be happy to receive myself.

We now have 2 young men who are helping us 2 days a week and we are slowly updating all our premises. Please bear in mind when you visit that we have been in this business for over 15 years so some of the fencing and sheds are looking a bit tired,  We want to look after our birds first and foremost and the maintenance of the property gets done when we can.  

My husband and I are not in good health so we get done everything which is needed for the health and welfare of the birds. James and Richard are young and fit so can get on with things we find a struggle.
I am so glad we have them here now to help us.
Some better weather would be a help also, our field is like everywhere else holding water and the geese are loving their weather  made pond.
The Geese have just started laying lovely big white eggs.
We now have over 30 geese so the eggs should be fertile should anyone wish to buy some for hatching. We sell them for £1.00 each.
I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog please mention you have seen it when you visit. We only accept visitors to view the birds by appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment